来源：河南成人教育 时间：2020-12-18 17:25:45 【河南成考网：河南成人高考信息门户】
Part IDialogue Communication (15 % )
Directions : In this section, you will read 15 short incomplete dialogues between two speaers, each fol-lowed by 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the answer that best suits the situation to complete the dialogue by marking the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
1. Pupil : I apologize for being late this morning. My alarm clock didn' t ring.
A. That' s all right. These things often happen.
B. Would you please forgive me? I never accept any apologies at all.
C. Thank you. You' re really too kind apologizing to me.
D. Never mind. You don' t have to be so polite.
2. Mary: Hello, John. How are you feeling now? Somebody said you had been sick.
A. Hello, Mary. They must have had me confused with my brother, George. He has been sick all
week. I have never felt better in my life.
B. Hello, Mary. Who' s sick? How can I be sick? I' m as strong as a horse. They must have gone mad.#p#分页标题#e#
C. Hello, Mary. How are you?
D. Hello, Mary. I' m quite happy. My wife has fallen ill. And, how about you?
3. Speaker A: May I have an inquiry (咨询), please?
Speaker B :__________
A. Never mind. You can ask whatever you want.
B. I' d like to know what inquiry it is.
C. I' m sorry. I know little about it.
D. Yes, of course. So far as I know.
4. M: That' s the worst painting I' ve ever seen.
A. Never mind. Let' s continue to look at it.
B. Come on. It' s not that bad.
C. No, it is not the worst painting.
D. Yes. It looks the worst.
5. Speaker A: I heard Joe say something terrible to you yesterday.
Speaker B :__________
A. But, you know, I wish you could pardon me.
B. But, you know, every coin has two sides.
C. Yes, I have never been angrier in my life.
D. But I don' t mind that Joe says something terrible to you.
6. Cindy :__________
Rose: No, what happened?
Cindy: They let him go as he is suspected to be cheating.
A. Did you know John?
B. Did you like John?
C. Did you hate John?
D. Did you hear about John?
7. Speaker A: Hello, May I speak to Mr. Smith?
A. Yes, I am Mr. Smith.#p#分页标题#e#
B. No, he is not in the office right now.
C. Speaking !
D. He is not here. Can I speak for him?
8. Speaker A: I' d like to fix an appointment with the personal manager. Will nine tomorrow morn-ing be all right?
Speaker B :__________
A. No. It' s impossible. He'.ll be busy tomorrow.
B. I' ve told you he' 11 be busy. Why do you come again?
C. I' m afraid not. He' s got a rather full day tomorrow,
D. He' 11 be free the whole day tomorrow.
Customer: Yes. What size is that green T-shirt?
A. Do you want to buy anything?
B. Excuse me, what are you doing?
C. Are you just looking around?
D. Anything I can do for you?
10. Speaker A: Hi, John. Nice to meet you again. How is your project going?
Speaker B :__________
A. How do you do ?My project has gone well.
B. Nice to meet you, too. My project has gone well as we expected.
C. Hi, Mike. My project has gone well.
D. I' m glad to meet you. My project is really a difficult one.
11. Speaker A: So far as I can see, it is the fault on the third party.
Speaker B :__________
A. I don' t agree with the third party.
B. Yes. I can' t agree more.
C. I think you are not meeting that.
D. I can go along with you.
12. W: Boy, how quickly technology changes! So many people have a computer in their home nowadays.#p#分页标题#e#
A. Computers? There are so many computers in the office.
B. Yes, I know. I feel so behind the time.
C. But I know a lot of computers.
D. Yes, I know. Without computer, there would be no Internet.
13. Speaker A: Mind if I call you Albert?
Speaker B :__________
A. Yes, just call me A1.
B. Yes, you may do that.
C. Of course not. But just plain" AI" will do.
D. OK. Everyone does.
14. W : What is your general price range ( 范围) ?
A. We are looking for a three-bed-room home on the east side of the town.
B. I think it would be hard to find something in that range.
C. We' re hoping to find something under $200.
D. The range is about ＄200 or so.
15. Speaker A:d like to book a ticket for next Monday morning to New York.
Speaker B :__________
A. What can I do for you?
B. What' s the matter?
C. At your service.
D. Just a second, please.
Part IReading Comprehension (30 % )(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：3057693737)#p#分页标题#e#
Directions : There are 3 passages in this part. Each passage is followed by some questions or unfin- ished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A,B, C and D. You should decide on the best choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Questions 1 to 5 are based on the following passage:
A lawyer friend of mine has devoted herself to the service of humanity. Her special area is called "public interest law".
Many other lawyers represent only clients who can pay high fees. (76) All lawyers have had expensive and highly specialized training, and they work long, difficult hours for the money they earn. But what happens to people who need legal help and cannot afford to pay these lawyers' fees?
Public interest lawyers fill this need. Lisa, like other public interest lawyers, earns a salary much below what some lawyers can earn. Because she is willing to take less money, her clients need the help, even if they can pay nothing at all.
Some clients need legal help because stores have cheated them with faulty merchandise. Others are in unsafe apartments, or are threatened with eviction (驱逐，赶出 ) and have no place to go to.
Their cases are called "civil" cases. Still others are accused of criminal acts, and seeking those public interest lawyers who handle "criminal" cases. (77)These are just a few of the many situa-tions in which men and women who are public interest lawyers serve to extend justice throughout our society.
1. A person who needs and uses legal help is called a__________.
D. case worker
2. Public interest lawyers serve__________.
A. only stores and landlords#p#分页标题#e#
B. criminals only
C. people who can pay high fees
D. people who can pay little or nothing
3. If only the rich could be helped by lawyers, the justice system would be__________.
B. fair and reasonable
D. in need of no changes
4. Public interest law includes__________.
A. civil cases only
B. criminal cases only
C. criminal and civil cases
D. wealthy clients' cases
5. Which of the following is not a matter for civil case?
A. A tenant is faced with eviction.
B. A landlord refuses to fix a dangerous staircase.
C. A burglar is arrested.
D. A store sells a faulty radio.
Passage 2(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：3057693737)
Questions 6 to 10 are based on the following passage:
No one knows how man learned to make words. Perhaps he began by making sounds like
those made by animals. Perhaps he grunted like a pig when he lifted something heavy. (78)Per-haps he made sounds like those he heard all round him--water splashing, bees humming, a stone falling to the ground.#p#分页标题#e# Somehow he learned to make words. As the centuries went by, he made more and more new words. This is what we mean by language.
People living in different countries made different kinds of words. Today there are about fif-teen hundred different languages in the world. Each contains many thousands of words. A very large English dictionary, for example, contains four or five hundred thousand words. But we do not need all these. Only a few thousand words are used in everyday life.
The words you know are called your vocabulary. You should try to make your vocabulary big-ger. Read as many books as you can. There are plenty of books written in easy English for you toread. You will enjoy them. When you meet a new word, find it in your dictionary. Your dictiona-ry is your most useful book.
6. From this passage, we know that__________.
A. man never made sounds
B. man made animal sounds
C. man used to be like animals to make sounds
D. man learned from the animals to make sounds
7. The number of different languages spoken is about__________.
8. People from different countries__________.
A. made same words
B. made different kinds of words
C. had a same language
D. used some sounds
9. Man__________ to make sounds.
A. used words
B. followed many things in nature
C. lifted heavy things
D. grunted like a pig
10. You can enlarge your vocabulary by__________.
A．reading more books
B．finding new words in dictionaries#p#分页标题#e#
D．using the words in everyday life
Questions ll t0 15 are based on the following passage：
“High tech’’and“state of the art”are two expressions that describe the modem technology．
High tech is just a shorter way of saying high technology．And high technology describes any in—vention，system of device that uses the newest ideas or discoveries of science and engineering．
What is high tech?A computer is high tech．So is a communications satellite．(79)A modem manufacturing(生产)system is surely high tech．High tech became a popular eXpression in me U-nited States during the early 1980's．Because of improvements in technology，people could buy many new kinds of products in American stores，such as home computers，microwave ovens，etc．
“State of the art”is something that is as modem as possible．It is a product that is based on the very latest methods and technology．Something that is“state of the art”is the newest possible design or product of a business or industry．A state of the art television set，for example，uses the modemest electronic design and parts．It is the best that one can buy．
“State of the art”is not a new expression．Engineers have used it for years，to describe the best and most modem way of．doing something．Millions of Americans began to use the expression in the late l970’S．The reason was the computer revolution．Every computer company claimed that its computers were“state of the art”．
Computer technology changed so fast that a state of the art computer today might be old to-morrow．(80)The expression"state of the art"became as common and popular as computers themselves．Now all kinds of products are said to be“state of the art”．
11．What is the purpose of the passage?
A．To tell how“high tech”and“state of the art”have developed．
B．To give examples of“high tech”．#p#分页标题#e#
C．To tell what“high tech’’and“state of the art”are．
D．To describe very modem technology．
12．What Can we infer from the passage?
A．American stores could provide new kinds of products to people．
B．High tech describes a technology that is not traditional．
C．“State of the art’’is not as popular as“high tech”．
D．A modem plough pulled by oxen is“state of the art”．
13．All the following examples are high tech except__________.
A．a microwave oven
B．a home computer
C. a hand pump
D. a satellite
14. Which of the following statements is not true?
A. Since the computer revolution, the expression "state of the art" has become popular.
B. "State of the art" means something that is the best one can buy.
C. With the rapid development of computer," state of the art" computer may easily become out of date.
D. All kinds of products are "state of the art" nowadays.
15. The best tire for the passage is__________.
A. Computer Technology
B. High Tech and State of the Art
C. Most Advanced Technology
D. Two New Expressions
Part 1]Vocabulary and Structure (30 % )(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信#p#分页标题#e#/QQ：3057693737)
Directions: In this part there are 30 incomplete sentences.For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corre-sponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
16. When she heard the bad news, she __________completely.
A. broke away
B. broke up
C. broke down
D. broke out
17. He never wrote to his father __________he was in need of money.
B. except when
C. except for
D. except that
18. The car was repaired but not quite to my__________.
19. Are you__________spending more money on the space program?
A. in favor of
B. by favor of
C. in favor to
D. out of favor
20. The police were given an order that the stolen documents must be recovered at all__________.
21. This new instrument is far superior __________the old one we bought three years ago.
22. When and where the new hospital will be built __________a mystery.
A. to remain
D. is remaining
23. My next door neighbor Johnson seems to have __________opinion on the show last night.
A. rather the strong
B. rather strong
C. a rather strong
D. the rather strong
24. Do you think they have__________food for all these people here?
25. Before joining the army, he spent a lot of time in the village__________he belonged.
A. to which
C. to where
D. at which
26. Words__________ meaning, as we all know.
27. I don' t like to disturb you, because you' re quite tired__________today.
28. Not always __________they want to.
A. people can do what
B. people cannot do what
C. can people do what#p#分页标题#e#
D. can' t people do what
29. I didn' t go to the party, but I do wish I__________there.
B. would be
C. had been
D. will be
30. It was not__________1982 that he went back to America.
31. When Mr. Black retired, his son__________ the business.
A. took up
B. took over
C. took on
D. took out
32. You may __________this; I don' t want it back.
33. She leaned, __________ the wall while she was speaking to her friend.
34. After a long__________ the bill was passed by the people' s congress.
35. I can hardly__________ the difference between these two words.
36. On entering another country, a tourist will have to __________the Customs.#p#分页标题#e#
A. pass through
B. pass by
C. pass over
D. pass for
37. During the __________the audience strolled and chatted in the lounge.
38. He will come back. __________ next month.
B. some time
D. some times
39.__________ care would have prevented it.
A. A few
B. A little
40. While discovering the cause of a serious illness,__________.
A. the illness should be cured immediately
B. the patients should be taken good care of
C. the doctor should give the patient good care
D. the effective measure should be taken
41. He __________reading silently at first.
A. used not to
B. didn' t use to
C. was not used to
D. is not used
42. There was nothing they could do__________.
A. but to wait
B. only to wait
C. but wait
D. unless they waited
43. Their hesitation means __________the experiment.#p#分页标题#e#
A. to give up doing
B. to give up to do
C. to be given up to do
D. giving up doing
44. His wife has to work hard at home, and perhaps outside the home__________.
A. as yet
B. so far
C. before long
D. as well
45. If Dorothy had not been badly hurt in a car accident,__________in last month' s Olympic Games.
A. she would participate (参加)
B. she might participate
C. she would have participated
D. she must have participated
Part mIdentification ( 10 % )
Directions: Each of the following sentences has four underlined parts marked A, B, C and D. Identify the one that is not correct. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Part IVCloze (10%)(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：3057693737)
Directions: There are 20 blanks in the following passage, and for each blank there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D at the end of the passage. You shoald choose ONE answer that best fits into the passage. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.#p#分页标题#e#
One type of person that is common in many countries is the one who always tries to do as little as possible and to get as much56return as he can. His opposite, the man who has57for doing more that is strictly58and who is ready to accept59is offered in return, is60 everywhere.
Both these types are entirely different61thei behavior. The man who62is always
talking about his "63"; he thinks that society should64him a pleasant, easy life. The man (who is always doing more than65) talks of "duties" ; he feels that the66is in debt to society.
The man who tries to do as67as he can is always full of68For instance, if he has 69to do something, it was because he was#p#分页标题#e#70by bad luck. His opposite is never71 busy to take ona(an)72piece of work. So it is73that if you want something74ina hurry, go to the busiest man whom you have75in.
56. A. in
57. A. courage
58. A. essential
59. A. that
60. A. short
61. A. from
62. A. drops
C. avoids #p#分页标题#e#
63. A. favor
64. A. let
65. A. share
66. A. collective
67. A. more
68. A. excuses
69. A. failed
70. A. prevented
71. A. so
72. A. supplementary
73. A. possible #p#分页标题#e#
74. A. made
75. A. interestB. relianceC. faithD. taste
Part VTranslation (20 % )
Directions: In this part there are 5 sentences which you should translate into Chinese. These sentences are all taken from the 3 passages you have just read in the part of Reading Comprehension. You can re-fer back to the passages so to identify their meanings in the context.
76. All lawyers have had expensive and highly specialized training , and they work long, difficult hours for the money they earn. (Passage 1 )
77. These are just a few of the many situations in which men and women who are public interest lawyers serve to extend justice throughout our society. ( Passage 1 )
78. Perhaps he made sounds like those he heard all round him--water splashing, bees humming, a stone failing to the ground. (Passage 2 )
79. A modem manufacturing (生产) system is surely high tech. High tech became a popular ex-pression in the United states during the early 1980' s. ( Passage 3 )
80. The expression "state of the art" became as common and popular as computers themselves.( Passage 3 )
Directions: In this part there are 5 sentences in Chinese. You should translate them into English. Be sure to write clearly.
Part VWriting (15%)
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic "An In-creasing Number of People are Studying for Master Degrees"You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given in Chinese below:
Part I Dialogue Communication
Part IReading Comprehension
11．C判断主旨题。第一段第一句话“high tech”和“state of the art”是描写现代技术的两种表达。从后面文中可见整篇文章都讲得是high tech和state of the art，所以选C。
15．B判断主旨题。由于整篇文章都讲得是high tech和state of the art，所以文章题目最好也是high tech和state of the art。
PartⅡVocabulary and Structure
16．C本题考查动词短语。break down“情绪失去控制(如突然大哭)”；break away“挣脱，逃脱，革除”；break up“破碎，瓦解”；break out“(不愉快的事情)突然发生，爆炸”。句意为：当她听到这个坏消息后，完全崩溃了。
17．B本题考查短语搭配。except when“除了…的时候”；except“除了…之外”，但不包括在内；except for“除…之外”，后面常接短语；except that“除去…之外”，后面需接从句。句意为：除了他需要钱的时候，他从来不给他父亲写信。
18．D本题考查习惯用法。to one’s satisfaction“使某人满意”。句意为：车修好了，但我并不很满意。
19．A本题考查固定搭配。in favor of“愿意”。句意为：你愿意在这个太空项目上花更多的钱吗?
20．D本题考查固定搭配。at all costs“不惜任何代价”。句意为：警察局得到命令不惜任何代价要找到失窃的文件。#p#分页标题#e#
21．B本题考查固定搭配。be superior to“优于，好于”。句意为：这个新设备比我们三年前买的那个旧设备好。
22．B本题考查主语从句。When and where the new hospital will be built是个主语从句。当句子做主语时，谓语动词应用第三人称单数。句意为：新医院什么时候在哪里建造仍然是个谜。
27．C本题考查固定搭配。tired out“劳累的，疲乏的”；tired of“厌倦的，厌烦的”。所以选C。句意为：我不想打扰你，因为你今天很累了。
30．B本题考查强调句型。It is not until…that是强调句型，“直到…才”。句意为：直到1982年他才回到美国。
31．B本题考查动词搭配。take over“接管”；take up“拿起，举起，从事，占用”；take on“从事，担任”；take out“除去，拔去”。句意为：当布莱科先生死了以后，他的儿子接管了他的生意。
36．A本题考查动词搭配。pass through“通过”；pass by“忽视”；pass over“不在意，忽视”；
38．A本题考查复合名词用法。sometime“将来某个时间”；some time“一段时间”；sometimes“有时”；some times“许多次”。句意为：他下个月的某个时候回来。
39．B本题考查形容词用法。a little修饰不可数名词；a few修饰可数名词；few和little有否定含义。根据句意，B正确。句意为：当心一点就会阻止这件事情发生。
41．C本题考查固定搭配。be used to“习惯于”。句意为：一开始他不习惯静静地阅读。
42．C本题考查固定搭配。do nothing but do“只有做…，除…之外什么也不能做”。句意为：他们除了等之外没有其他办法。
43．D本题考查动词搭配。mean to do“打算做某事”；mean doing“意味着”。句意为：他们的犹豫意味着要放弃试验。
44．D本题考查固定搭配。as well“也”；as yet“还”；so far“到…的程度”；before long“不久以后”。句意为：他的妻子在家里辛勤劳动，或许在外面也一样辛苦。#p#分页标题#e#
46．D分词用法错误，应改成enjoyin9。enjoying his cigar在句中做伴随状语，主语是he，因此应用现在分词形式。
49．A时态错误，应改为retired。本句的时间的状语是in September l989，因此用一般过去式。
52．C动词形式错误，应改为to believe。find it+adj．+to do是固定结构，此处的不定式是find的真正宾语，it是形式宾语。
56．A in return“回报，回礼”，固定搭配。
57．B enthusiasm“热情”；courage“勇气”；interest“兴趣”；sense“感觉”。B符合题意。Have enthusiasm for“对…有热情”。
61．B be different in somethin9“在某方面不同”，是固定搭配。#p#分页标题#e#
69．A fail“失败，没有做到某事”；drop“落下”；fall“跌倒，摔倒”；miss“失去”。fail to do sm．“做某事失败”，是固定搭配。
74．B want something done“想要某事被做”，固定用法。
75．C faith“信赖”；interest“兴趣”；reliance“信心”；taste“口味，品味”。have faith in sb．“信赖某人”。
Part V Translation
81. Having failed many times, he finally succeeded in inventing a kind of equipment which is supe-rior to any others in existence.
82.--Who is the youngest in your class?
--Xiao Li is, he is also the most excellent student.
83. I went to the Great Wall yesterday. Have you ever been there?
84. The train arrived on time.
85. If you persist in ignoring what I said, I will punish you.
Need A Master Degree or Not
Nowadays, most people want to enter graduate school. In fact, this desire has grown considerably in the past few years. Students struggle to pass the graduate school entrance exam, to survive the pro-gram, and find a job at the end of it. They read many exam preparation books. They may also attend special "exam preparation" seminars and courses. There are some reasons for such phenomenon.
First is the general perception that a graduate school diploma, a master' s degree, is needed for getting a better job. Second is that some students might not be sure what they want to do, and a few more years inside the courtyards of academic seems desirable.
In my opinion, this is not reasonable. I don' t deny that a few passed and went on, but the majority failed and finally wiped away their valuable times. So we don' t have to study for the mas-ter degree. Never forget the old saying: every road leads to Rome!
|上午||政治||大学语文 高等数学 查看详情>>|