来源：河南成人教育 时间：2020-12-18 16:59:29 【河南成考网：河南成人高考信息门户】
Ⅰ. Phonetics (10 points) (成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：3057693737)
In each of the following groups of words, there are four underlined letter combinations marked A, B, C and D. Compare the underlined parts and identify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation. Mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
1.A. mark B. warm C. ward D. war
2.A. three B. those C. thank D. theatre
3.A. wind B. kind C. find D. mind
4.A. plant B. craft C. grasp D. at
5.A. now B. knowledge C. bow D. allow
6.A. says B. plays C. stays D. days
7.A. leave B. scream C. head D. lead
8.A. resemble B. resist C. resolve D. respect
9.A. fault B. daughter C. cause D. laugh
10.A. crew B. new C. few D. dew
Ⅱ. Vocabulary and Structure (40 points)(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：3057693737)
There are 40 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
11. Which is ______ country, the United States or Canada?
A. a larger B. larger C. the larger D. the largest
12. The silk feels ________.
A. soft B. softly C. softness D. softy
13. Two nuclear power stations _______ in the past ten years.
A. are built B. have been built C. would be built D. are building
14. They kept on ______ till they got to the foot of the hill.
A. to run B. running C. runing D. run
15. There is much work to do, _______?
A. isn’t it B. is there C. isn’t there D. is it
16. _______ as he is, he can’t understand the English film.
A. A student of English B. Though a student of English
C. Student of English D. Being a student of English
17. The old in the country _______ taken good care of.
A. have B. has C. is D. are
18. Not a single mistake _______ in the test.
A. he made B. did he make C. he has made D. made he
19. ______ my surprise, I got a high grade in this test.
A. For B. To C. To be D. On
20. She never agree _______ you, did she?
A. to B. with C. in D. at
21. Would you mind _______ a photo of you?
A. me take B. to take C. my taking D. me to take
22. The lady treats the boy well as if he ______ her own son.#p#分页标题#e#
A. is B. was C. were D. would be
23. _______ round the city, we were impressed by the city’s new look.
A. Taken B. Taking C. To be taken D. Being taken
24. He had a pain _______ his back.
A. on B. with C. in D. onto
25. The city _______ I was born is on the new railway line.
A. which B. that C. on which D. where
26. I had _______ that I would always remember it.
A. so a good experience B. such a good experience
C. so good an experience D. such good an experience
27. ______ give us help is welcome.
A. Who ever B. Whoever C. No matter who D. Those who
28. After running for nearly half an hour, I was ________.
A. out of place B. out of control C. out of breath D. out of practice
29. The mother told the little boy to do all the things _______.
A. on himself B. on his own C. to himself D. by own
30. You had better _______ a jacket, because it is cold outside.
A. take on B. to take on C. put on D. to put on
31. If you will do that, please take me into ________.
A. think B. thinking C. thought D. account
32. My pen has _______ ink.
A. run out of B. a few C. run away D. no little
33. There are, of course, bad teachers as well as ________.
A. good one B. some good C. good ones D. those good
34. “______ haste, the less speed” is good advice he often gives us.
A. More B. The more C. The morer D. Morer#p#分页标题#e#
35. You do look _______. You are not at all like a person who has been ill in bed for years.
A. good B. well C. sad D. disappointed
36. Some people like to eat apples. But some prefer bananas _______ apples.
A. to B. for C. with D. against
37. I _______ here two years ago.
A. moved to B. have moved C. have moved to D. moved
38. He is _______ strong a man ________ he can lift ten stones like this one.
A. such…so B. so…that C. such a …that D. so a …for
39. It _______ they who lent me the television.
A. was B. is C. were D. are
40. A famous Canadian doctor expressed the value of hobbies by saying, “______ man is really happy without a hobby.”
A. Not B. Without C. No D. None
41. Television broadcasts are ________ to an area that is within sight of the sending station of its relay.
A. prohibited B. bounded C. limited D. restricted
42. Many things ________ impossible in the past are common today.
A. to consider B. being considered C. considering D. considered
43. My parents wanted _______ me.
A. make a scientist B. to make a scientist
C. make a scientist of D. to make a scientist of
44. He has a bad habit of ________ others when they are speaking.
A. involving B. investigating C. interfering D. interrupting
45. I like that new watch very much, but I can’t ________it.
A. cost B. offer C. pay D. spend
46. Tom arrived at the office and discovered that he had _______ his door key.
A. lent B. borrowed C. lost D. no#p#分页标题#e#
47. The beautiful scene left a deep _______ on the foreign visitors.
A. thought B. idea C. thinking D. impression
48. The room is a little small; _______ it is so hot.
A. in addition B. in addition to C. additional D. adding
49. I wish I ______ her address yesterday.
A. know B. had known C. would known D. knew
50. It ______ yesterday. The ground is still wet now.
A. must have rained B. was raining C. rained D. had rained
Ⅲ. Cloze (20 points)
For each blank in the following passage, there are four choices given below and marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one that is most suitable and mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
Insure means to protect _51_ a loss of money. Most people can budget their money so that their income will cover expected expenses _52_ food, clothing, housing, and public services. But, there is no way to know _53_ who will suffer a crisis (危机) such as a serious illness, fire, flood, or a car accident. Such crises usually _54_ great expense. Even if people could predict crises, it would be hard to save enough money to _55_ the expenses. Insurance is a system _56_ a company collects money from many individuals and then pays certain expenses whenever one of those insured individuals is faced with a certain crisis. An insurance policy _57_ how much the insurance costs and how much the company will pay when a policy holder is faced with a certain crisis. There are many different kinds of insurance, _58_ hospital, motor-car and fire. Insurance can be rather expensive but most people buy insurance of some kind. Insurance is something _59_ people buy and hope they will _60_ need.
51.A. for B. from C. against D. with
52.A. such as B. for example C. that D. the same as
53.A. predict B. ahead C. in advance D. earlier
54.A. result from B. make C. take D. result in
55.A. cover B. pay back C. fill D. make full#p#分页标题#e#
56.A. that B. by which C. what D. where
57. A. said B. agree C. make sure D. states
58.A. include B. including C. as well as D. also
59.A. which B. that C. as D. like
60.A. never B. ever C. sometimes D. often
Ⅳ. Reading Comprehension (60 points)
There are four reading passages in this part Each passage is followed by five questions. For each question there are four suggested answers marked A, B, C and D. Choose one best answer and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
Researchers have found that REM (rapid eye movement) sleep is important to human beings. This type of sleep generally occurs four or five times during one night of sleep lasting five minutes to forty minutes for each occurrence. The deeper a person’s sleep becomes, the longer the periods of rapid eye movement.
There are physical charges in the body to show that a person has changed from NREM (non-rapid eye movement) to REM sleep. Breathing becomes faster, the heart rate increases, and, as the name implies, the eyes begin to move quickly.
Accompanying these physical changes in the body is a very important characteristic of REM sleep. It is during REM sleep that a person dreams.
61. According to the passage, how often does REM sleep occur in one night?
A. Once B. Twice C. Four of five times D. Forty times
62. The word “deeper” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to which of the following?
A. heavier. B. louder. C. stronger. D. happier.
63. Which of the following shows that a person is NOT dreaming in his sleep?
A. His eyes begin to move. B. His breathing becomes faster.
C. His heart rate increases. D. His eyes stop moving.
64. The subject of this passage is ________.#p#分页标题#e#
A. why people sleep B. the human need for REM sleep
C. the characteristic of REM sleep D. physical changes in the human body
65. Which of the following is the best title of the article?
A. REM Sleep B. Two Types of Sleep C. Sleepers D. What Happens to Sleepers
The Mother Goose Stories, so well known to children all over the word, are commonly said to have been written by a little old woman for her grandchildren. According to some people, she lived in Boston, and her real name was Elizabeth Vergoose. Her son-in-law, a printer named Thomas Fleet, was supposed to have published the famous stories and poems for small children in 1719. However, no copy of this book has ever been found, and most scholars doubt the truth of this story-and doubt, moreover, that Mother Goose was ever a real person. They point out that the name is a direct translation of the French “Mere I’ Oye.” In 1697 the Frenchman Charles Perrault published the first book in which this name was used. The collection contains eight tales, including “Sleeping Beauty,” “Cinderella,” and “Puss in Boots.” But Perrault did not originate these stories; they were already quite popular in his day, and he only collected them.
66. What is suppssed to have happened in 1719?
Elizabeth Vergoose wrote the first Mother Goose Stories.
Thomas Fleet published the Mother Goose Stories.
The Mother Goose Stories were translated into French.
Charles Perrault published the first Mother Goose Stories.
67. Most scholars consider Mother Goose to be _________.
A. a real person B. a book written by a little old woman
C. a collection by Elizabeth Vergoose D. a translation from French
68. When Perrault published the first book in 1679, _______.
no story of the book had been known to people
some stories of the book were already well known
few people were interested in the stories of the book#p#分页标题#e#
stories like “Sleeping Beauty” and “Cinderella” became popular
69. The name used in the first book published in 1679 is supposed to have been _______.
A. Mother Goose B. Mere I’ Oye C. Elizabeth Vergoose D. Charles Perrault
70. On the basis of this passage, what may be concluded about the real origin of stories “Sleeping Beauty” and “Cinderella”?
They were invented by Elizabeth Vergoose.
They were invented by Thomas Fleet.
They were invented by Charles Perrault.
Their writers are unknown.
Banks are not ordinarily prepared to pay out all accounts; they rely on depositors (储户) not to demand payment all at the same time. If depositors should come to fear that a bank is not safe, that it cannot pay off all its depositors, then that fear might cause all the depositors to appear on the same day. If they did, the bank could not pay all accounts. However, if they did not all appear at once, then there would always be enough money to pay those who wanted their money when they wanted it. Mrs. Elsie Vaught has told us of a terrifying bank run that she experienced. One day in December of 1925 several banks failed to open in a city where Mrs. Vaught lived. The other banks expected a run the next day, and so the officers of the bank in which Mrs Vaught worked as a teller had enough money on hand to pay off their depositors. The officers simply told the tellers to pay on demand. The next morning a crowd gathered in the bank and on the sidewalk outside. The length of the line made many think that the bank could not possibly pay off everyone. People began to push and then to fight for places near the tellers’ windows, The power of the panic atmosphere was such that two tellers, though they knew that the bank was quite all right and could pay all depositors, drew their own money from the bank. Mrs Vaught says that she had difficulty keeping herself from doing the same.
71. A bank run happens when _______.
a bank is closed for one or more days
too many depositors try to draw out their money at one time
there is not enough money to pay all its depositors at one time#p#分页标题#e#
tellers of a bank take their own money from the bank
72. The tellers in Mrs. Vaught’s bank were told to ________.
explain why they could not pay out all accounts
pay out accounts as requested
make the depositors believe that the bank was stand
pay out money as slowly as possible
73. The main cause of a bank run is _______.
A. loss of confidence B. lack of money
C. crowds of people D. inexperienced tellers
74. Which of the following did Mrs. Vaught say?
She know that the bank was not sound.
She feared that too many depositors drawing their money would close the bank.
She was not able to draw out her money.
She was tempted to draw out her money.
75. According to the passage, the actions of the depositors of Mrs. Vaught’s bank were affected mainly by the _______.
ease with which they could get their money
confidence that Mrs. Vaught showed
failure of several other banks to open
confidence shown by other depositors of the bank
One of the greatest problems for those settlers in Nebraska in the last quarter of the previous century was fuel. Little of the state was forested when the first settlers arrived and it is probable that by 1880, only about one-third of the originally forested area remained, down to a mere 1 percent of the state’s 77,000 square miles. With wood and coal out of the question, and with fuel needed year-round for cooking, and during the harsh winter months for heating, some solution had to be found.
Somewhat improbably, the buffalo provided the answer. Buffalo chips (干粪块) were found to burn evenly, hotly, and cleanly, with little smoke and interestingly, no odor, Soon, collecting them became a way of life for the settlers’ children who would pick them up on their way to and from school, or take part in competitions designed to counteract their natural reluctance. Even a young man, seeking to impress the girl he wanted to marry, would arrive with a large bag of chips rather than with a box of candy or a bunch of flowers.#p#分页标题#e#
76. What is the main topic of this passage?
The solution to the Nebraska settlers’ fuel problem.
Life in Nebraska in the late ninteenth century.
The imporance of the American buffalo.
Deforestation in Nebraska in the late nineteenth century.
77. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
Nebraska was not a densely-forested state even before the settlers arrived.
The children enjoyed collecting the buffalo chips.
The children spent a lot of time collecting the chips.
Buffalo chips were satisfactory as a fuel.
78. The passage implies that buffalo chips were needed _______.
A. in greater amounts in summer B. in greater amounts in winter
C. only in summer D. only in winter
79. Which of the following does the author not express surprise at?
The children needed competitions to them.
The buffalo chips gave off no smell.
Buffalo chips were the answer to the settlers’ fuel problem.
Young men took bags of buffalo chips to their girl friends.
80. What’s the best title of the passage?
A. Early Settlers B. One Use of the Buffalo Chips
C. Nebraska’s Problems D. How Young Men Express Their Love for Girls
Ⅴ. Writing (20 points)
For this part, you are allowed 20 minutes to write a letter of about 80 words according to the following situation.
1.A 2.B 3.A 4.D 5.B 6.A 7.C
8.D 9.D 10.A
Ⅱ. Vocabulary and Structure
11.C 12.A 13.B 14.B 15.C 16.C 17.D
18.B 19.B 20.B 21.C 22.C 23.A 24.C
25.D 26.B 27.B 28.C 29.B 30.C 31.D
32.A 33.C 34.B 35.B 36.A 37.D 38.B
39.A 40.C 41.C 42.D 43.D 44.D 45.B
46.C 47.D 48.A 49.B 50.A
51.C 52.A 53.D 54.C 55.A 56.B 57.D
58.B 59.B 60.D
Ⅳ. Reading Comprehension
61.C 62.A 63.C 64.D 65.A 66.B 67.D
68.B 69.B 70.D 71.B 72.B 73.B 74.D
75.C 76.A 77.B 78.B 79.A 80.B
Dear Professor Wang:
On behalf of the Student Union of the English Department, I am writing to invite you to give a lecture on Chinese history.
We have planned to have such a lecture at 2:30 p· m. in Lecture Hall 419, on May 25.
Looking forward to your lecture. Inform us in advance if you can not come.
|上午||政治||大学语文 高等数学 查看详情>>|