来源：河南成人教育 时间：2020-12-18 16:58:18 【河南成考网：河南成人高考信息门户】
I. Phonetics (10 Points)
In each of the following groups of words, there are four underlined letter combinations marked A, B, C and D. Compare the underlined parts and identify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation. Mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
1. A. height B. hopefully C. honest D. housing
2. A. generation B. mention C. memory D. metallic
3. A. persuaded B. happened C. treated D. wounded
4. A. shout B. touch C. announce D. about
5. A. excuse B. exercise C. explain D. extremely#p#分页标题#e#
6. A. medium B. western C. Mediterranean D. revolution
7. A. castle B. vast C. waste D. fasten
8. A. disappear B. fear C. year D. pear
9. A. doubt B. sound C. famous D. found
10. A. correct B. discover C. comfort D. come
II. Vocabulary and Structure (40 points)
There are 40 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
11. The research laboratory is going to the new type of computer to use.
A. take B. make C. put D. bring
12. The old woman has a letter from her son in the army to her.
A. read B. write C. written D. received
13. of the earth is made up of vast oceans.
A. Two-third B. Two thirds C. Two third D. Twos- third#p#分页标题#e#
14. Stamps which you don’t want to keep can be with others.
A. changed B. traded C. threw D. collected
15. “Jack is no more careful than Tom” means .
A. Both Jack and Tom are careful B. Neither Jack nor Tom is careless
C. Both Jack and Tom are careless D. Tom is careful, but Jack isn’t
16. While cleaning a long-deserted house the other day I came an old photo
of my grandpa.
A. to B. by C. across D. with
17. Jane was ill for about a week, She didn’t until yesterday.
A. get good B. get rid of C. get over D. get on
18. —I feel a bit thirsty.
—Why don’t you have tea?
A. any B. some C. little D. a few
19. When wood is burnt, it heat and light, together with heavy smoke.
A. give up B. sends up C. sends away D. sends out
20. The soldier from a wound and died a heroic .
A. died …deadly…death B. was dead…dying…death
C. died…dead…dying D. was dying…dead…death#p#分页标题#e#
21.—Do you think we’ll still catch the train?
—Well, we won’t we walk faster.
A. as B. unless C. until D. no matter how
22. —Do you mind if I smoke here?
A. No, please don’t B. Yes, please
C. No, not at all D. Yes, if you like
23. —May I move your bag a little and take this seat?
A. I don’t mind B. Go ahead C. It doesn’t matter D. You do it, please
24. —When will you be free this month, Mr. White?
—, maybe we’ll be free next Sunday.
A. Let me be B. Let me see C. Think it over D. I’m afraid
25. —May I come to attend your lecture?
A. No, you’d better not come B. Sure
C. It’s not worth listening to D. My pleasure
26. He said he had bought dictionary week before, and
dictionary was great help to him.#p#分页标题#e#
A. a…the…the…a B. a…/…the…/
C. a…/…/…a D. the…the…the…the
27. Mr. Brown, together with his students, to the Science Museum.
A. has gone B. are going C. have gone D. have been
28. Although he was in a hurry, he stopped the old man to carry the heavy box.
A. helping B. to help C. being helped D. helped
29. During the holidays I shall help my father .
A. with working B. with his work C. for work D. for working
30. —Where on earth do we get light and heat?
—It is from the sun we get them.
A. which B. on which C. where D. that
31. It’s about time that this problem .
A. to settle B. should be settled C. be settled D. to be settled
32. A person a foreign language must be able to use the foreign language
all his own.
A. learning, forgetting B. who learns, to forget
C. to learn, to forget D. using, but
33. Einstein was given the Nobel Prize Physics in 1921.#p#分页标题#e#
A. in B. at C. on D. for
34. In the geography lesson, the teacher told the children that the earth round like a ball.
A. was B. is C. were D. had been
35. His father died and him a lot of money.
A. sent B. afforded C. left D. gave
36. No sooner had he left the police arrived.
A. when B. then C. than D. before
37. Still water run .
A. quick B. deeply C. deep D. quickly
38. He often goes to school by bike it rains.
A. besides B. except for C. except D. except when
39. It is important us the balance of nature.
A. for…to keep B. of…to keep
C. for…keeping D. of…to have kept
40. There is little ink in the bottle, ?
A. isn’t there B. isn’t it C. is there D. is it
41. There are many in this hospital.
A. woman doctors B. women doctors C. women doctor D. doctor woman
#p#分页标题#e# 42. Your coat will lose its color it is washed.
A. after B. until C. though D. not until
43. —What shall we do this weekend, Sara?
—What about to a movie?
A. go B. going C. went D. to go
44. It is quite clear he won’t see us.
A. what B. that C. why D. how
45. There is “u” and “s” in the word “us”.
A. a…a B. a…an C. an…a D. an…an
46. Tom told me that you were going to take a trip to America, ?
A. wouldn’t you B. didn’t he C. weren’t you D. didn’t you
47. Science seems closer to the question.
A. to be getting…answering…puzzling B. to get…answer…puzzled
C. to be getting…answer…puzzling D. getting…answer…puzzling
48. , we must take time to discuss it carefully.
A. Being rather difficult
B. Because the question being rather difficult
C. the question being rather difficult
#p#分页标题#e# D. Because the question be rather difficult
49. The teacher told you to do it .
A. how he said B. as you had been shown
C. which he told you D. what you had heard
50. More than one person that kind of experience.
A. has had B. have had C. are having D. were having
III. Cloze (20 points)(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：3057693737)
For each blank in the following passage, there are four choices given below and marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one that is most suitable and mark your answer by blacking the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
Not long ago, there lived in Auckland a working family who dreamed about a house of their own. Anyone then could read in the newspapers about the building companies who offered to put people into a new house 51 only a $1,000 deposit. Of course, the remainder had to be paid off with interest over a period of twenty years or so.
The worker and his wife hopefully went to one of these companies 52 this wonderful offer. And the man in the office said. “Yes, sure. You bring along $1,000 and we can 53 you with a new house.”
So the worker and his wife had to work hard and in twelve months’time they returned to the building man with $1,000. But the man in the office said, “Look, I’m sorry, 54 we’ll need $1,500 now. Costs have gone up since we saw you last, you know.”#p#分页标题#e#
The couple thought it over and decided it would not take very long to save the extra $500 if they worked hard.
In six moths they worked 55 overtime and saved the $500 inspite of the high rent they had to pay for their flat. Back to the building man they 56 with their $1,500. But to their surprise he 57 the deposit was now $3,000.
Now somewhat wiser, the worker said, “And the next time, I dare say we’ll find the deposit rising once more. How have we 58 save the extra $1,500?”
“Well”, said the man, “I think we can stabilize the situation for about twelve months. By the time you come with $3,000, we will have had the house 59 for you.
The couple left, sad at heart as they saw their dream house 60 . By the time they had saved the extra $1.500, no doubt the deposit would have become still higher, maybe $5,000, then $10,000 and then…!
51. A. for B. with C. on D. to
52. A. to ask for B. asking for C. to ask about D. asking about
53. A. supply B. give C. offer D. equip
54. A. or B. and C. but D. so
55. A. whole the B. whole C. the all D. all the
56. A. filled B. dealt C. went D. went on
57. A. replied B. announced C. told D. spoke
58. A. had to B. worked to C. tried to D. got to
59. A. sold B. paid C. prepare D. ready
#p#分页标题#e# 60. A. throw away B. die away C. take away D. get away
IV. Reading Comprehension (60 points)
There are four reading passages in this part. Each passage is followed by five questions. For each question there are four suggested answers marked A, B, C and D. Choose on best answer and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
For some minutes, all was quiet in the street. Then from across the street someone came walking.
It looked like a man of middle height, dressed in a big raincoat, a soft hat and rubber-soled boots or shoes, and making little sound while walking. No one was in sight. It was a street with two rows of about fifty small houses and there were three lamps on either side. The lamp nearest to the child’s house could be seen clearly, but the others were almost hidden by the smoky air. A car passed the end of the street and its lights showed faintly, but clearly enough to show the smooth skin of a woman’s face. The car disappeared as the woman, wrapped up in her coat, reached the doorway of the child’s house.
She put a key in the lock quickly, pushed the door open and stepped inside, then closed the door without looking round. She began to breathe hard.
She leaned against the door for a moment, then straightened up as if with an effort, and walked towards the door of the front room, the passage leading to the kitchen, and the narrow staircase. She hesitated outside the door, then went up the stairs quickly but with hardly a sound. There was enough light from the narrow hall to show the four doors leading off a small landing (楼梯平台). She pushed each door open in turn and shone a torch inside, and the light fell upon beds, walls, furniture, a bathroom hand-basin, a mirror which flashed brightness back; but this was not what the woman was looking for. She turned away and went downstairs, and hesitated again at the foot of the stairs, then turned towards the kitchen. Clearly there was nothing there, or in the small washroom that she wanted. Two rooms remained; the front room and a smaller one next to it. She opened the front room door. After a moment, she saw the child’s bed and the child.#p#分页标题#e#
61. The lights of the car passing the end of the street showed that .
A. a woman was driving the car
B. someone was standing by a street lamp
C. a man and a woman were walking up the street
D. a woman was walking by herself up the street
62. After the woman closed the front door, she .
A. looked round quickly B. started breathing again
C. rested before moving D. walked straight towards the front door
63. Which of the following plans (平面图) is the right position of the child’s room?
= door = stairs F = front room
C = child’s room P = passage K = kitchen W= washroom
64. When she was upstairs, the woman .
A. saw that there was a wash - basin in each room
B. noticed a mirror which she was looking for
C. found a torch in one of the rooms
D. opened four different doors
65. Once she was in the house, the woman behaved as if what she was looking for .
#p#分页标题#e# A. might be in the kitchen
B. was more likely to be upstairs
C. would be easily seen by the light from the hall
D. would look frightening to a child
The favorite food in the United States is the hamburger (汉堡包). The favorite place to buy a hamburger is a fast food restaurant. At fast food restaurants, people order their food, wait a few minutes, and carry it to their tables themselves. People also take their food out of the restaurant and eat it in their cars or in their homes. At some fast food restaurants. people can order their food, pay for it and pick it up without leaving their cars.
There are many kinds of fast food restaurants in the United States. The greatest in number sell hamburgers, French fries (油炸马铃薯片) and so on. They are popular food among Americans. Besides, fast food restaurants that serve Chinese food, Mexican food, Italian food, chicken, seafood and ice-cream are very many. The idea of a fast food restaurant is so popular that nearly every kind of food can be found in one.
Fast food restaurants are popular because they reflect (反映) American life style. Customers can wear any type of dress when they go to a fast food place. Second, they are fast. People who are busy do not want to spend time preparing their own food or waiting while someone prepares it. In fast food restaurants the food is usually ready before the customer even orders it. Finally most food in a fast food restaurant is not expensive. Therefore, people are able to buy and eat at a fast food restaurant often, while they may not be able to go to a more expensive restaurant very often.
66. Hamburgers and French fries can be got at the fast food restaurants.
A. some of B. most of C. a part of D. all of
67. What do people do when they come to a fast food restaurant?#p#分页标题#e#
A. They order and eat their food at the restaurant.
B. They buy and take their food out and eat it in their cars or in their homes.
C. They order, pay for and get their food in their cars.
D. They do one of the three above-mentioned things.
68. Why do Americans like to go to fast food restaurants?
It is because fast food restaurants are fast, informal (不拘礼节的), and
B. It is because people can easily find fast food restaurants.
C. It is because people like to eat hamburgers.
D. It is because fast food restaurants sell nearly every kind of food.
69. Is the food in fast food restaurants always ready before the customers order it?
A. Yes, it is B. No, it is seldom ready
C. Yes. It is cooked to order D. No. Not always, but usually
70. Seafood and ice-cream are served at all fast food restaurants, aren’t they?
A. Certainly B. Yes, they are
C. No, I’m afraid not D. No. Only at a few of them
Passage Three#p#分页标题#e#(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：3057693737)
It is understood that a ballad is a song that tells a story, but a folk song is not so easily defined. A balled is a folk song, but a folk song is not a ballad until it tells a story. Folk song, then has included many kinds of music. For example, a sailor’s song of the sea is a folk song. The blues, a type of jazz popular in New Orleans, may be a folk song. In fact, there are folk songs for every job.
“Home on the Range” shows how a popular song may become a folk song. It was first picked up as a folk song in 1910 by John Lomax in San Antonio, Texas. Lomax heard the song from an old man who had been a cook many years before. The song was known all over the Midwest; thought it did not come to national attention until the early 1930s. By 1947 “Home on the Range” was so popular that it became the official state song of Kansas.
71. A folk song is also a ballad when it .
A. tells a story B. is sung by workers
C. makes the listeners feel sad D. covers many kinds of music
72. According to the author, which of the following is not always a folk song?
A. A ballad B. A sailor’s song C. A state song D. A goatherd’s song.
73. According to the passage, which of the following is not true of a folk song?
A. It is passed on orally B. It has different forms
C. It may talk about work D. It is found only in the western states#p#分页标题#e#
74. The author uses the example of “Home on the Range” to show that folk songs .
A. always tells a story B. are based on written forms
C. may come from popular songs D. have become state songs
75. The main topic of the passage is the .
A. different kinds of folk songs B. development of popular music
C. definition of a ballad D. importance of folk songs in American life
We find that bright children are rarely held back by mixed-ability teaching. On the contrary, both their knowledge and experience are enriched. We feel that there are many disadvantages in streaming (把……按能力分班) pupils. It does not take into account the fact that children develop at different rates. It can have a bad effect on both the bright and the not-so-bright child. After all, it can be quite discouraging to be at the bottom of the top grade!
Besides, it is rather unreal to grade people just according to their intellectual ability. This is only one aspect of their total personality. We are concerned to develop the abilities of all our pupils to the full, not just their academic ability. We also value personal qualities and social skills, and we find that mixed-ability teaching contributes to all these aspects of learning.
In our classrooms, we work in various ways. The pupils often work in groups: this gives them the opportunity to learn to co-operate, to share, and to develop leadership skills. They also learn how to cope with personal problems as well as learning how to think, to make decisions, to analyse and evaluate, and to communicate effectively. The pupils learn from each other as well as from the teacher.
Sometimes the pupils work in pairs; sometimes they work on individual tasks and assignments, and they can do this at their own speed. They also have some formal class teaching when this is appropriate. We encourage our pupils to use the library, and we teach them the skills they need in order to do this efficiently. An advanced pupil can do advanced work: it does not matter what age the child is. We expect our pupils to do their best, not their least, and we give them every encouragement to attain this goal.#p#分页标题#e#
76. In the passage the author’s attitude towards “mixed-ability teaching” is .
A. critical B. questioning C. approving D. objective
77. By “held back” (Line 1) the author means “ ”.
A. made to remain in the same classes
B. forced to study in the lower classes
C. drawn to their studies
D. prevented from advancing
78. The author argues that a teacher’s chief concern should be the development of the student’s .
A. personal qualities and social skills
B. total personality
C. learning ability and communicative skills
D. intellectual ability
79. Which of the following is NOT MENTIONED in the third paragraph?
A. Group work gives pupils the opportunity to learn to work together with others
B. Pupils also learn to develop their reasoning abilities
C. Group work provides pupils with the opportunity to learn to be capable
D. Pupils also learn how to participate in teaching activities#p#分页标题#e#
80. The author’s purpose in writing this passage is to .
A. argue for teaching bright and not-so-bright pupils in the same class
B. recommend pair work and group work for classroom activities
C. offer advice on the proper use of the library
D. emphasize the importance of appropriate formal classroom teaching
V. Writing (20 points)
For this part, you are allowed 20 minutes to write a letter of about 80 words according to the following situation.
1. C 2. D 3. B 4. B 5. B
6. A 7. C 8. D 9. C 10. A
#p#分页标题#e# II.Vocabulary and Structure
11. C 12. A 13. B 14. B 15. C
16. C 17. C 18. B 19. D 20. A
21. B 22. C 23. B 24. B 25. B
26. A 27. A 28. B 29. B 30. D
31. B 32. A 33. D 34. B 35. C
36. C 37. C 38. D 39. A 40. C
41. B 42. A 43. B 44. B 45. B
46. C 47. A 48. C 49. B 50. A
51. B 52. C 53. A 54. C 55. D
56. C 57. B 58. D 59. D 60. B
IV. Reading Comprehension
61. D 62. C 63. A 64. D 65. B
66. B 67. D 68. A 69. D 70. C
71. A 72. C 73. D 74. C 75. A
76. C 77. D 78. B 79. D 80. A
May 18, 2002
#p#分页标题#e# I will be away for a while. The key to the cottage is under the doormat, and the food is in the refrigerator. After entering the house, lock the door from inside at once. The cottage is far away from the nearest town, and the area is not quite safe from burglars. So I think the saying is right “Where there is precaution, there is no danger”.
Have a nice stay here.
|上午||政治||大学语文 高等数学 查看详情>>|